Nigeria customs service salary 2023/check payment range
Nigeria customs service salary, The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), an independent customs agency that reports to the Nigerian Ministry of Finance. They are also in charge of collecting customs revenues, facilitating both domestic and foreign trade, and conducting anti smuggling operations. Additionally, they ensure that contraband goods are not smuggled into the country and regulate importation.
However, like other paramilitary organizations, the Nigerian custom pays its officers according to their rank. By enlisting in the Nigerian armed services, you can also have a variety of career options and contribute to the nation’s history.
A customs officer will typically make N75,000 per month and N900,000 annually. Typically, this depends on the degree of service and educational background.
The highest paid officer is the Controller-General of Customs, who is paid more than the Deputy Controller Generals and Assistant Controller Generals in that order.
- Customs Assistant (average salary ₦298,506 – ₦330,321)
- Assistant Inspector of Custom (average salary ₦357,358 – ₦411,484)
- Inspector of Custom(average salary ₦483,014 – ₦567,065)
- Assistant Superintendent of Customs (average salary ₦888,956 –₦988991)
- Assistant Superintendent of Customs (average salary ₦1,012,562 –₦1,143,539)
- Deputy Superintendent Customs (DSC) Officer(average salary ₦1,094,027 –₦1,252,038)
- Chief Superintendent Customs (CSC) Officer (average salary ₦1,158,172 – ₦1,325,234)
- Assistant Comptrollers (average salary ₦1,225,584 – ₦1,405,449)
- Deputy Comptrollers(average salary ₦1,619,447 – ₦1,825,589)
- Comptrollers(average salary ₦1,759,829 – ₦1,966,281)
- Assistant Comptroller-General (average salary ₦2,272,288 – ₦2,464,560)
Some of the allowance given to Nigeria custom officers depending on levels and promotions;
- Utility allowance
- Hazard allowance
- House maintenance allowance
- Uniform maintenance allowance
- General Services allowance
- House rent allowance
- Furniture allowances