The HRW Associate, Communications Part-Time Internship Programme 2019 – Top Crux – Applications are currently ongoing from suitably qualified applicant(s) for the HRW Associate, Communications Part-Time Internship Programme 2019. Interested candidate(s) ought to follow us as we unleash comprehensive steps on how to secure this chance.
The HRW Associate, Communications Part-Time Internship Programme 2019 – Top Crux
Do you really wish to do your internship abroad, if yes! this article is for you.
This is an apple opportunity for those of us that are looking for interns space.. just stay focus for more details below.
The HRW Internship is a part-time program open to students who have a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, social sciences, international relations, or related studies.
HRW is seeking highly-qualified candidates for the position of Associate based in one of their West Coast offices to provide administrative assistance to the Communications team, part of the Media Department.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for Communications program
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Communications Division of Human Rights Watch
An internship can be taken in San Francisco or Los Angeles
Eligibility for Communications Part-Time Internship
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, social sciences, international relations, or related studies is required.
- Experience: A minimum of one year of relevant work experience is required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail are required.
2. The initiative, follow-through, ability to work independently, and excellent organizational skills are required.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required; proficiency in other languages is highly desirable.
4. The ability to work well under pressure and to manage multiple priorities while working effectively toward deadlines is required.
5. Strong interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively within Human Rights Watch as well as with external partners are required.
6. Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions and take initiative when appropriate is required.
7. Proficiency in computer programs including MS Office applications is required.
8. Proofreading experience is desirable.
9. An understanding of news cycles and international media outlets is preferred.
10. Demonstrated commitment to human rights and/or international issues and the capacity to master and represent the mission and programs of Human Rights Watch are highly desirable.
Internship Open for International Students: No
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
Salary and Benefits:
- Annualized salary range starts at $46,269, pro-rated to 31,817 to reflect a 68.75% (27.5 hours per week) schedule.
- Human Rights Watch offers comprehensive employer-paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, an outstanding retirement savings plan and thirteen (13) days of vacation per year.
Internship Description for Communications Part-Time Internship
The Communications Division of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is offering part-time internship opportunities for highly-qualified candidates for the position of Associate based in one of their West Coast offices.
(The Associate is based in their San Francisco or Los Angeles office, and reports to the Senior Media Officer based in New York.)
The Media Department works to determine the best messages, the right audiences, and the best vehicle to raise public awareness of the human rights violations HRW investigates and documents.
The successful candidate for this position will assist the HRW Press Team with the range of materials being published by HRW daily along with other administrative duties.
As an intern, your responsibilities are:
- Provide administrative support including recording and processing divisional finances; calendar management for senior staff members; scheduling, preparing for, and taking minutes at meetings; responding to inquiries; making travel arrangements, and performing other administrative duties as necessary
- Handle and respond to queries from journalists and other media professionals, connecting them with relevant staff where appropriate
- Act as a bridging shift between the New York Office and the Hong Kong office, tracking, updating, and relaying important information between the two teams; occasionally work a staggered shift with a later finish
- Create and maintain extensive contact databases and filing and archiving systems; Maintain the HRW Press pipeline, keep all publishing schedules and calendars up to date and relevant
Process translation invoices in a timely manner; Maintain contacts with translators and update contact information as needed
- Proofread, format, and distribute materials; assist with coordinating the review, production, translation, and distribution of reports, news releases, letters, charts, briefing papers, op-eds, other publications, and web content
- Collaborate with the New York associate on media roundups and analysis for reports, news releases, and other products when needed; Maintain communication among HRW offices, global staff, and external partners;
- Assist with writing and promoting content on social media, particularly the @HRWPress Twitter account; Assist with organizing events including press conferences and partner meetings;
- Assist with some desk research tasks and provide support to associated multimedia projects when necessary, and Carry out other duties as required.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
- This part-time position is Mondays to Fridays from 12:00 PM to 6:30 PM (27.5 hours a week) and requires availability to work later occasionally.
- Prior notice will be provided for the evening hours and flexibility with working from home on those occasions is available.
Notification: Not given
How to Apply for Communications Part-Time Internship
- To apply, you will need to visit their an online job portal at www.hrw.org/careers
- If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is April 5, 2019.